Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fitzgerald's 1928 Lager Run

On Sunday (6/23/13), the hubby and I ran the Fitzgerald's 1928 Lager Run in Glen Ridge, NJ. It feels like forever since we last ran just a 5K. Most of our races are of the obstacle course variety.

The description from active.com:

A FAST 5K course (net down hill) with a FAST track finish. Gender specific "Tech" top to the first 800 pre registered runners. Cotton tops are also an available option. Post Race Party featuring Brooklyn Lager, Pretzels, Watermelon, & more. Three deep awards. USATF-NJ Masters 5K Men Championship. Racers and walkers are all welcome to participate. Proceeds benefit the Glen Ridge Community Fund a not-for profit organization.

The biggest challenge of the day was the 6:15pm start and the weather. It was 86 degrees and HUMID! Not the best weather to be running in, at least for me. My time wasn't too far off from what I've been averaging - 32:47.61 (chip time was 32:36.67).

I'm not sure what's in the water around there but my those people are fast! The 1st place person finished in 16:00! In order for me to crack the top 10 in an age group I'd have to be in the 60-69 bracket. Maybe it's the beer - two free Brooklyn ales at the end!

Just before the finish line!

Me & the hubby - post race

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes