Thursday, October 3, 2013

2 Chicks with Chocolate

Day 16 of BlogtemberReview a book, place, or product. A bit late; I started writing this last week.

I'd be severely remiss if I didn't share 2 Chicks with Chocolate with you! Danielle won two tickets to their first Beer & Chocolate pairing class and so graciously asked if I'd like to join her. I'm so glad I did! I only took two pictures of the craft beer; the chocolate did not last long.

image from Groupon

The 2 chicks are a daughter and mother team who make the most delicious chocolate EVER! The class was run by Tara Nurin, a craft beer journalist, and Gary, a beer distributor, if I recall correctly. They were both very knowledgeable and their banter was comedic. 

via demotix.com

Mental note to self: finish writing and don't wait because now the paper with the pairings is no longer in your purse and your memory is for shit! 

We tried around 9 different craft beers - some were better than others. I'm fairly sure I will never like IPAs. There was a chocolate stout to start off. A pumpkin beer, framboise, and others.

We tried various different chocolates and caramels. All were delicious! Dark chips, some pecan caramel, cranberry. Even if you don't like beer you must pay the store a visit! They have locations in South River and Metuchen and are opening two more, one in Middletown and the fourth in I believe it was Somerset, or maybe Somerville. I was mostly happy about the one in Middletown even closer to me :)

The best pairing of the night I think was the Chocolate Stout from Rogue Ales with the Jumpin' Java chocolate - dark chocolate with ground coffee beans and espresso sea salt TO.DIE.FOR. I bought some and was gracious enough to share a bit with my co-workers.

They plan to change up the beers seasonally so you can go back many times and try something new. Use BeerForBabes discount code for 80% off future classes! Now go sign up!
 photo xoxo.png

2 comments:

  1. Oooh lala! I love Chocolate Stout and chocolate in general, so this all sounds divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so yummy AND so much fun! Glad you were able to come with me :-)

    ReplyDelete

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes