Monday, July 22, 2013

Super Hero Scramble - NY

This weekend we participated in the Super Hero Scramble. It was originally supposed to be in Tuxedo, NY but was moved to Roxbury, NY about two hours north.

Overall it was a good race, it was listed at +/- 6.1 miles with 28 obstacles. I'm not sure on the exact mileage as I don't have a GPS watch and I didn't count the obstacles as I tackled most of them. Below is the list of obstacles we were given in advance.

1. RUDE AWAKENING
2. RAZORBACK #1
3. 4’ WALLS
4. 10‘ WALLS
5. ROCK HARD
6. RAZORBACK #2
7. ARACH NET PHOBIA
8. PLATTEKILLER
9. HERO OR ZERO #1
10. RAZORBACK #3
11. 4’ WALLS
12. SAND BAGGIN‘ - never saw a sand bag
13. GETTIN’ STONED
14. GETTIN’ STONED AGAIN
15. KARMA KROSSING
16. MOUNDS OF DOOM
17. RING WORM
18. RAZORBACK #4
19. THROUGH WALL
20. UNDER WALL
21. HERO OR ZERO #2
22. LEAP OF FAITH
23. 10’ WALL
24. FIRE JUMP
25. THE BEAST
26. SUPER SLIME SLIDE
27. MUDDY LIPS
28. FINAL BATTLE

Assuming Razorback is a barbed wire crawl, I only recall encountering two of them. There was no slime to the slide. There were 10' and 4' walls throughout the course. The Plattekiller - was climbing pretty much from the base of the mountain to the top and was a KILLER! There was one obstacle I could NOT do - the Leap of Faith. Climbing up to the top of two cargo containers to jump off into a muddy pit of water is not ideal for someone with a fear of falling (more so than heights). I spent a good 20 minutes trying to talk myself into it and R tried as well but in the end I climbed back down. I don't totally regret not doing it. Here's a pic courtesy of Super Hero Scramble while R was trying his best to get me to do it.



In the end it took me 3:48 and I finished 19th in my age group. More pics to come once they are posted.

Next race is Warrior Dash August 3rd - thankfully this one isn't on a mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes