Monday, August 5, 2013

Another weekend in the books...

Even with a rainy Saturday we had a pretty decent weekend. It didn't feel like it completely flew by and landed us right at Monday.

Friday night we went to a local place for dinner called Yesterdays. I had only been there for a bridal shower before and it was R's first time dining there at all. I had Pasta alla Rosa - sauteed chicken in garlic, onion, and olive oil tossed with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and penne pasta. It was delicious and plentiful - the leftovers will be dined on for lunch today.

Saturday was Warrior Dash in Morris Township. R switched from the 9am wave to the new 7:30am competitive wave. I wish I had jumped in with him at 7:30am.

Yes I got photo bombed by the St. Jude's kid


The course was good and fairly well marked. However, some of the trails were narrow which cause a little bottle necking once larger waves of people were released. They tried to quell this by releasing waves every 15 minutes. Also you didn't hit the first "real" obstacle till about a mile in.



Part of the reason I wish I had jumped in the earlier wave was by the time we got to the last barbed wire "crawl" it was backed up more so because the mud had congealed. When R initially went through it was still watery. Later on it was like going through quicksand. Super deep and near impossible to get through.

I finished 213 out of 1368 (top 16%)  in my age group and 2344 out of 8303 overall (top 30%).

After going home to fully shower we hit up Maloney's for post race food and drinks. I enjoyed a Sam Adams Porch Rocker (1/2 lemonade, 1/2 beer).


Sunday was my friend Irma's surprise baby shower. Her sisters and a couple friends did a wonderful job. It was located at Leone's in Montclair and Harry Potter themed! I had been to Leone's once before for a first birthday party and the food was quite good.



Irma was surprised and got a decent amount of gifts for her baby boy. It was nice seeing some friends that I don't get to see too often. Unfortunately I forgot my camera at home so I only have a few from the iPhone. The sign, cupcake toppers (at the top of the diaper cakes), dolls and dragons, and hand sanitzer labels were all from Etsy.





Hope you all enjoyed your weekends!




Sami's Shenanigans

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! I think the best part was the hat we got - that I do not have a picture of me wearing!

      Delete

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes