Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blogtember Day 6. Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

OK after having this rattle around in my head most of today to try to think of "a distinct moment", and I know there are definitive moments that have changed my life in some way, shape or form, but which or what did I want to share.

This isn't a "distinct" moment but I'm going with when I stopped saying "I can't". I can't run, I can't survive a spin class, I can't [fill in the blank]. It truly is mind over matter. You can do anything you put your mind to!



Growing up I was the child that always did what I was told. Sometime during fifth grade I woke up one morning and couldn't walk - they diagnosed me with arthritis. From that point on my mom would tell me what I couldn't do. In high school, I wanted to go out for Cross Country running - mind you I'm the girl who would walk the mile in gym class. There were other things I said I wanted to do that I was told I couldn't (that could be a post for another day).

Anywho, over the past few years I've started running and doing other things, spin and competing at obstacle course races, in someways to prove the naysayers wrong. I like pushing myself (athletically) to see just what I CAN do and how far I CAN go.

Don't let anyone say you can't, especially yourself, because truth be told, if you put your mind to it you can!

 photo xoxo.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes