Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who Am I?

The first day of Blogtember: Today's prompt asks that you describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

Where - I was born and raised in Rutherford, NJ - I guess you'd consider it a suburb of NYC. It is a small town that holds good memories. I lived in the same house my whole life till I got married. I have fond memories of playing with the other kids on our street. The time when you'd just go knock on their door and play till my dad got home and called us to come in for dinner from the front yard. I went to the same grammar school from Kindergarten to Eighth grade; not something that happens these days. I can still remember the layout of how the school was when I went there.

What - I come from a middle class family. Mom is a nurse and Dad was a mechanic, and then a carpenter. He was always good with his hands building things. They were both always there for us, my brother and me. Mom would work evenings or nights so that she was there during the day and Dad worked about a mile from the house and was home shortly after 5pm. For the times that Mom worked 3-11 either my aunt/godmother or my father's co-worker's daughter (follow all that?) baby sat us.
source

One other person who strongly influences who I am is my husband. Not only does he love me unconditionally, even when I'm sure at times I may not be that lovable but he motivates and supports me. I am a stronger person both physically and mentally because of him. I can't thank him enough for all he does for me- love you!

source


 photo xoxo.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes