Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 3: Useful advice

Blogtember Day 3: Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 

Hmmm....useful advice or information I've learned and always remembered - this one is a toughie! I guess I'll go with what I learned after my miscarriage (a story for another day). If you are one of the 1 in 4 women who have unfortunately miscarried a child you know that people will say all sorts of things to you. While many started with the I'm sorry it seemed like they felt the need to say more. A co-worker of mine (since I had to have a D&C) went with I'm sorry but you'll be pregnant again in no time since they cleaned you out. That one still stands out in my mind. Or there is the you're still young you can have another.

So this, I guess, is more so for those who are fortunate to have never had to go through a miscarriage. If you aren't sure what to say, first off don't not say anything knowing you know is already the elephant in the room, just leave it at "I'm sorry". That simple phrase can really say so much. Most importantly just be there for your friend, family member, or whoever it is.
 photo xoxo.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes